Friday 14 March 2014

Gorillaz - On Melancholy Hill



Up on melancholy hill
There's a plastic tree
Are you here with me?
Just looking out on the day
Of another dream

Well you can't get what you want
But you can get me
So let's set up and see
Cause you are my medicine when you're close to me
When you're close to me
---------------------------------------
If you can't get what you want
Then come with me
Up on melancholy hill
Sits a manatee
Just looking off for the day when you're close to me
When you're close to me

- Gorillaz


Falling short in the pursuit of happiness.
Don't you wish you knew from the start you wouldn't be able to get it?
One day you have your visions and goals and the next all you have left is a dream.
So we fall back from the realization of our wasted time and effort.
Fall into sadness just wasting the day away.
Well you can't get what you want but you can get me.
"At least I've got you"
You're always there when I need you.
You can cheer me up...you do cheer me up.
But is this really happiness?
It's not the same, like a plastic tree.
You're my medicine...you make me feel better.
But it doesn't make me better.
I see this theme all the time in movies, stories...reality.
Nobody sees someone who's broken, sad and lost as someone to pursue.
So if you meet someone broken, what do you they they're thinking?
"Why did ___ break up with me?", "what happened?"
You're not even a thought in their heads but just someone to vent with.
You both need a friend.
Consoling each other about how equally messed up we are.
You end up addicted to each other's presence.
As each other's medicine to make each other feel better.
Instead of pursuing what you can't have you open yourselves up to each other.
Maybe more.
But is this really happiness?
Together on melancholy hill you forget the world.
Forget your troubles, the failures, the disappointment and pain.
So forget your dream and have a new one.
Start a new journey.
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ gorillaz.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment