Monday 16 April 2012

The Summer Set - Back to the Start



I wish you never would have gotten on that plane
Did you get scared or did I love you too much?
I guess that's why they call it a runway

Where did you go?
I gave you my heart
I'm by myself and we're apart
Take your time, wait it out
'Til this is over

Tell me how long it takes
To fill an empty heart
Let it wash away
Take it back, take it back
Back to the way we were
Like we were falling stars
Tell me how long it takes
To take it back, take it back, back to the start
- The Summer Set

Commitment is a funny thing.
Being afraid of it...not really.
It can happen from the start or all of sudden.
One second you're all in and a blink later you're panicking.
What causes it?
Can someone loving you too much really scare you away?
Sure it's weird to have someone plan out your future the instant you meet them.
But how far ahead should you be looking if you've been together for a while?
Moving in together...getting married...having kids.
First date...first trip...last day being a bachelor.
Is it scary that things are ending?
Or is it weird that something's about to start?
If you leave...when will you be ready?
Will you come back?
If not...was it really a commitment issue or who you were committing too?
If someone left you...what do you do then?
When you had it all planned out.
Do you wait and hope they come back?
What if they would only stay if nothing changes?
Do you pretend that it's okay and that you take it back?
Why commit to something that won't go anywhere....
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ myspace.com/thesummerset/.

No comments:

Post a Comment