Tuesday 10 April 2012

Mayday Parade - Terrible Things



By the time I was your age I'd give anything
To fall in love truly was all I could think
That's when I met your mother, t
he girl of my dreams
The most beautiful woman that I've ever seen

She said, "boy can I tell you a wonderful thing?

I can't help notice you staring at me
I know I shouldn't say this but I really believe
I can tell by your eyes that you're in love with me"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said, "girl can I tell you a wonderful thing?

I made you a present with paper and string
Open with care now I'm asking you please
You know that I love you, will you marry me?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
She said, "boy can I tell you a terrible thing?
It seems that I'm sick and I've only got weeks
Please don't be sad now, I really believe
You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
So don't fall in love, it's just too much to lose
If you're given the choice then I'm begging you to choose
To walk away, walk away. Don't let it get you
I can't bear to see the same happen to you
- Mayday Parade

A quote from the bible, "love is patient, love is kind."
I'm not religious.
I'm a realist. I'm a hopeful. Not a faithful.
I don't need things to be sugar coated.
I don't need people to tell me it'll be alright.
But coming to terms...the understanding of why.
Why is it so hard?
There's too much to lose and it's too easily lost.
How do you know it'll last forever?
A year? 5, 10...50? Who knows.
For me it takes a while to be sure. Takes a while to build the courage.
To know I really want to be with whoever it is. Worth it?
So how is love kind when you're patient for so long to just have it leave so quickly?
Are memories enough?
Can I really be happy to have a bunch of memories, photos or whatever?
Can I be okay knowing there won't be any new ones?
I'm hopeful.
"Happy endings are just stories that haven't ended."
...is what they say

- Get more & love it @ maydayparade.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment